AZ Proposition 208
Prop 208 increases taxes for supposedly high-income earners to fund public education.
- Sends only 55 cents of every dollar to the classroom
- Does not hold education bureaucrats accountable for how the funds would be spent
- Increases taxes by the highest percentage in Arizona history, a 77.7% increase for some filers
- Negatively impacts small businesses that would pay nearly double what big corporations pay
- Hurts Arizona’s economy by placing Arizona in the top 10 states for highest income tax along with California and New York
CAP supported Prop 123 in 2016 to increase funding for public schools. Prop 208 is not the way to increase funding for public schools.