Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
Political Party Legend
Bowers, Russell W. "Rusty" (R)
Running for: Arizona House of Representatives
Political Affiliation: Republican
Why are you running?
Each year demands more of those that wish to do good in the world than the year before. I have tried to address difficulties in my political endeavors as I do in my family and professional life; by being honorable and upright, moving forward with a love of God and of all men. I fall short but I "move from failure to failure with enthusiasm!" and from success to success the same way. I want to protect vestiges of wise and principled government wherever I can, where possible, I want to move government away from tools used to oppress families, to relieve the fatherless and the widow and promote free enterprise as the economic parallel to strong family life.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Legalizing recreational marijuana
- 2.Prohibiting abortion except when it is necessary to prevent the death of the mother
- 3.Allowing slot machines, table games, and daily fantasy sports gambling off Indian reservations
- 4.Adding “sexual orientation,” “gender identity,” or “gender expression” to the protected classes of race, religion, age, sex, and ancestry in nondiscrimination law
- 5.Increasing state taxes to provide additional funding for the state budget
- 6.Protecting a parent’s right to seek professional counseling for their minor child with same-sex attraction or gender identity issues to help them reach their desired outcome
- 7.Expanding background checks to include guns bought from private individuals
- 8.Legalizing physician-assisted suicide
- 9.Allowing all parents to use tax credits, vouchers, or education savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, charter, private, homeschool, or online academy
- 10.Allowing public employees to use paid time off to engage in union activities
- Question 3: and on the reservations
- Question 5: to address the debt?
Arizona Building and Construction Trades Council
Arizona Chamber of Commerce
Arizona Free Enterprise Club
Arizona Police Association
Arizona Technology Council
Greater Phoenix Chamber Political Action Committee
Home Builders Assoc. of Central AZ
Mesa Chamber of Commerce
Editor's Note: If the candidate responded to the survey, all responses and comments have been reproduced exactly as submitted.