Meet the Candidate
Running For:Board of Supervisors
Education:Bachelor of sScience, Political Science. from Arizona State University
US Army Veteran, 82nd Airborne Division,
AZ Deputy Director of the 2016 Trump for President team.
President Trumps Executive Director for Intergovernmental Affairs in the
US Department of Veteran Affairs
Four term Arizona State Senator – Majority Leader and President Pro-Tem.
AZGOP Executive Director
President AZ Republican Assembly
As an Army 82nd Airborne Paratrooper, I learned how to fight and win.
As your Supervisor, I have a new fight that I intend to win starting NOW!
I am running for Maricopa County Board of Supervisors because:
1. I think President Donald Trump won the election in 2020 and I don’t want the same broken elections to happen in again in Maricopa
County in 2024.
2. I believe the elections are broken and the electorate has lost trust in the election process, and I want to help restore trust in our
3. While the legislature is struggling to get election reform bills passed there are things that Maricopa County can do to make our elections
safe, secure, and trustworthy. As your Maricopa County Supervisor I will make it a priority to implement:
Local Precinct voting requirements for the 2024 Election:
Rigorously enforce state law against ballot harvesting
Eliminate unsecured and unsupervised ballot drop boxes
Sign-in requirements for drop off of ballots in precinct
Tally of vote results completed within 24 hours
Only mail in ballots for health and absence reasons
Require voting in the precinct where you are registered.
Ensure a robust signature verification and voter ID system
My Job One is to restore that trust.
4. I want to work for you the voters to make changes in Maricopa County. It will take our combined best effort and dedication and the help
of our Almighty Father in Heaven to do so.
5. I am an America First candidate who Strongly believes that what “Makes America Great” is Faith, Family and Freedom.
6. I believe that the U.S. Constitution is inspired from God. I will strongly defend it.
7. I am Pro-life. I believe we are His children and therefore we must protect the lives of the unborn.
8. I believe marriage between one man and one woman is ordained of God.
9. I believe that parents know what is best for their children. Therefore, the parents should be in charge of their child’s learning and
healthcare. School choice freedom must be unimpeded, all local and state tax dollars must follow the student
10. I believe God created male and female.
11. I believe in the power of prayer.
12. I believe mask and vaccine mandates should end and never come back again.
13. I will vote to protect our 2nd Amendment rights.
14. I will vote to support our police, Im committed to fully funding our police and giving them the tools they need to protect themselves
and they need to enforce all the laws in our county, including criminal trespassing caused by a refusal of our federal government to
enforce immigration laws.
15. I will support our soldiers, sailors, airmen and our veterans. I will work to ensure veterans get the benifits they earned and were
Congressman Andy Biggs said, “…decisive battles must be won at the local level by warriors who will stand up for the Constitution and the inalienable rights granted by our Creator. We are blessed that Thayer Verschoor has committed to providing the leadership necessary to restore voter confidence and ballot integrity as your next County Supervisor in District 2.”
I believe in smaller limited government ” A government big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take away everything you have. ”
I believe in less regulation, lower taxes, and more individual economic liberty
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
|1. Denying government funding to "sanctuary cities" that do not comply with federal immigration laws||S|
|2. Allowing all parents to use tax credits, vouchers, or education savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, charter, private, homeschool, or online academy||S|
|3. Expanding background checks to include guns purchased from private individuals||O|
|4. Using taxpayer funds to support any organization that provides, promotes, or provides referrals for abortion||O|
|5. Prohibiting abortion except when it is necessary to prevent the death of the mother||S|
|6. Providing tax breaks to certain industries over others||O|
|7. Adding "sexual orientation," "gender identity," or "gender expression" to the protected classes of race, religion, age, sex, and ancestry in nondiscrimination ordinances||O|
|8. Protecting a parent's right to seek professional counseling for their minor child with same-sex attraction or gender identity issues to help them reach their desired outcome||S|
|9. Setting minimum wage above the state minimum wage||O|
|10. Protecting individuals and businesses from being required to use their artistic expression in a manner that violates their conscience||S|
|11. Requiring any government entity, including schools, to inform parents about their child’s physical, emotional, or mental health||-*||Parents have a right and responsibility to know what the schools are doing and teaching their children. The parent should have to opt-in meaning they have to be fully informed before any evaluation is performed on a child. The parent should be informed and have the right to decline or participate in any government evaluation.|
|12. Establishing electric retail competition to eliminate the current monopoly system for electric utilities||-*||If establishing retail competition includes the full service and maintenance of electricity including generation, transmission and delivery or agreements for maintance, and service to cover the the cost are reached with the utility then yes. If it means simply buying the electricity from the utility and reselling it to the consumer without any responsibility for making sure the consumer is taken care of when the electricity is disrupted then no.|